Saturday, February 28, 2015

Snapshot #1145: Power Pancakes


February 28, 2015.  Camas, Washington.  Our new Saturday tradition, Power Pancakes.  Inspired by Nonnie and her Park City Peacecakes and my mother's cherished ground-wheat pancakes, here is my recipe:

Power Pancakes:
1-1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour (I grind the wheat in my KitchenAid Grain Mill Attachment)
1/2 Cup Oat Flour (I grind rolled oats in my KitchenAid Grain Mill Attachment)
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
2 Eggs
2 Cups minus 2 Tablespoons Milk
2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 Cup Melted Coconut Oil

1/4 - 1/2 Cup White or Whole Wheat Flour as desired, for thickening

Yum!  Yum!  I've started making a double batch and refrigerate the leftovers for weekday mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails