Monday, October 24, 2011

Snapshot #390: A Brilliant Dad


October 24, 2011.  San Jose, California.  Last night I gave Hazel a bottle and after some time noted to Dave that she was just chewing on the nipple and not drinking any of it.  I was surprised by this because she should have been hungry.  After some time passed, she started to get fussy and act hungry, but still she would not drink anything from the bottle...she kept pushing it away.  At this point Dave took over to see if he could figure out what she wanted.  After about 10 minutes more she was still crying nonstop and refusing the bottle.  Finally Dave looked at me and said, "Could there be something wrong with this formula?"  I indicated that I had prepared the bottle in the same way as every other bottle.  So Dave surprised me by putting the bottle in his mouth to taste the formula himself to ensure it was drink-worthy.  Suddenly his eyes lit up...he couldn't get anything out of the bottle...the nipple was closed up.  Voila!  Problem solved.  With a new nipple the baby drank happily and fell asleep.  I have a good husband.  I never would have thought of that.           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails