Monday, January 9, 2012

Snapshot #460: Eat, Play, Sleep


January 9, 2012.  San Jose, California.  After five months of sleepless nights a friend of mine loaned me the book, "On Becoming Baby Wise" which I finished reading today.  In my opinion, the book has several outlandish general statements--nevertheless, the tools for mastering continuous nighttime sleep are encouraging.  I have been gradually working Hazel into the routine Eat, Play, Sleep on an approximate 3-hour cycle for five days now.  Magically, Hazel has started to predictably wake only once during the night to feed; rather than three times nightly.  Her daytime naps are also stretching to 1-1/2 hours rather than her typical 20-40 minutes.  According to this book, my biggest mistake was to be on a schedule of Play, Eat, Sleep rather than Eat, Play, Sleep.  Who knew?!   I am looking forward to less fatigue.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails