Friday, February 3, 2012

Snapshot #482: "The Paper Garden"


February 3, 2012.  San Jose, California.  As slow a reader as I am, I am happy to report the completion of another book, "The Paper Garden" by Molly Peacock.  This one, I would like to purchase and add to my personal library.  I will be thinking about it for days, weeks, months, and years to come.  The writing was sophisticated, the true story of Mary Delany captivating, and the Flora Delanica inspiring; the culminating point being that "Some things just take living long enough to do."  I truly appreciated the examination of the nature of creativity.  The effect on me has been increased respect and optimism for the aging process.  Another benefit...I have discovered my preferred genre to read...biographies.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails