Saturday, November 3, 2012

Snapshot #687: Apple Hill








November 3, 2012.  Camino, California.  I have virtually fallen in love with the concept of Apple Hill (all through the internet of course).  Think Wine Trail...but for Apples!  I even found one  Apple Hill orchard for sale.  Today was the day I finally got to go check it out in person.  Harvest Season in this countryside (northeast of Sacramento) is a Big Deal.  I was overwhelmed by the masses of people who had flocked to the farms.  The 'orchard' we visited had 3 acres of land just for the parking lot.  Also a restaurant, artisan tents, fishing pond, pony rides, fudge factory, cider shakes shack, general store (think apple donuts, apple fritters, apple butter, applesauce; you name it), hay rides, cider press, and bake shop.  I was not expecting it to be so crowded.  (But that's only on the weekends and during harvest, right?)  Probably my favorite part was escaping the crowds and finding an orchard where we could pick our own apples.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails