Friday, June 7, 2013

Snapshot #820: John Adams Book Review


June 7, 2013.  San Jose, California.  This evening Dave and I attended a potluck dinner and BBQ with couples from my book club.  After dinner I led a review and discussion of the book John Adams, by David McCullough.  It is a wonderful book and I highly recommend it.  It was a lot of work for me, personally, to get through the book because it is so long and so dense.  Reading it, I hung on to every detail and attempted to absorb and comprehend the characters and the time period in their fullness.  I now have an even greater respect for John & Abigail Adams and the Founding Fathers of our nation.  For John & Abigail Adams especially, the sacrifice was great despite the thankless job it was the majority of the time.  If ever I were to describe a man possessing model integrity it would be John Adams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails