Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Snapshot #270: 911


April 5, 2011.  Orem, Utah.  I nearly skipped this post, due to embarrassment.  Nevertheless, it was by far the most exciting thing to happen today.  Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and asked Dave to call 911 because it felt like my heart was about to stop.  I had been dealing with a severe headache four days running (not normal for me); woke up in the night with a pounding heart and feverish red skin.  Heart started to slow...too slow...lost oxygen to my brain and all went black (though I never lost consciousness).  Scared me half to death.  Ended up in the ER.  (my first ever admittance to a hospital)  After several x-rays and a CT scan doctors found nothing.  Now I'm back home, recuperating, taking the day off.  Perhaps it's time to de-stress my life and detox my body.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! You be careful. Poor both of you...scary. Hope you are ok now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. scary, Keri. take care of yourself. is your headache gone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Cow!! Are you ok?
    My friend did almost the same thing the other day. It went on for four days!
    She thought she was having a heart attack and three trips to hospital and emergancy room later they couldn't find anything wrong with her either. Weird.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails