Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Snapshot #349: Not So Fast




September 6, 2011.  San Jose, California.  I have been actively anticipating all of the exciting 'nexts' in Hazel's little life.  When will she start sleeping for 3-4 hours at a time?  When is her next visit with the doctor to see how much she has grown?  When will she start smiling?  When will she be able to hold her head up on her own? etc. etc.  This morning I realized that I'm in no hurry for any of that to happen.  I LOVE having a baby.  I waited many years before this miracle came into my life.  And here she is.  She's going to grow up too fast.  Today I re-commit myself to do my best at enjoying every moment with her and Dave (even waking up every 2 hours to feed) rather than continually pushing for the next exciting thing.  

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails