Friday, September 9, 2011

Snapshot #352: Mommy's Checklist


September 9, 2011.  San Jose, California.  Now that I'm a mommy I have a new checklist for shopping excursions.  #1. Park next to a "Return Carts Here" corral to reduce time trekking through a car lot with a baby in tow.  #2. Park car at the far left-hand side of the parking space to allow better access to the car seat on the right-hand side.  #3. Park in the shade whenever possible so car seat doesn't get too hot and metal attachments burn the baby.  
What other secrets of the trade have you parents out there discovered?

4 comments:

  1. A few things for me--ALWAYS keep extra formula, a clean outfit and a clean cloth diaper (for sopping up any spills or spit up) in the diaper bag. For our toddler, I have to be a little manipulative about getting her tookus physically IN THE CART before she remembers where the game room is at Wal-Mart (we never put money in, but she still loves to sit in the rides)--it's always less of a scene if she doesn't get to go in than if I have to drag her out.

    But you're SO right about parking next to the cart corral. I don't care if it doubles my walk into the store, that carseat is just too dang heavy and bulky to lug more than a few steps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS> My husband and I are old friends of Dave's (well, I'm an old friend and he and my husband knew each other in their men's chorus days at BYU), just to explain this stranger commenting on your blog...(I know I always appreciate that).

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, I love this, Keri.
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keri, it's Elaine and that is my check list too. Haha!! I told Nic that I think new mom's should be allowed to park in handicap spots too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails