Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Recipe Diaries: Snapshot #436: Puffy Eggs


December 13, 2011.  San Jose, California.  With Shelli here, I made one of my family favorites breakfast...Puffy Eggs.  It was my personal favorite growing up, so to this day my siblings call me for the recipe.  Here it is for the record:


Puffy Eggs (also known as German Pancakes)


2 Tablespoons Butter
9 Eggs (blended first)
1-1/3 Cup Milk
1-1/3 Cup White Four
1/2 teaspoon Salt


First, preheat the oven to 375, then place the butter in the pan (9x13 or 8x8) in the oven and allow it to melt.  The secret to the recipe is next.  Blend the 9 eggs in the blender all by themselves...blend it real good.  Then add the milk, flour, and salt and blend well again.  Pour the egg mixture into the pan in the melted butter and cook for 20 minutes, or until sufficiently puffy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails