Saturday, August 11, 2012

Snapshot #640: The Cemetery Project

August 11, 2012.  Elba, Idaho.  When my dad was a little boy his father brought him and his brothers to the Elba Cemetery to pour cement to mark the graves of two of my dad's mother's siblings:  Cornelia Rochester Peterson (died at birth) and Carl Oscar Peterson (drug by a horse at age 7).  Now, a generation later my dad chose to honor his family in the same way by upgrading those same headstones and teaching his own children the stories from generations past.  It was a good work to do as a family.

















This group photo was taken in the "Mormon Cemetery" of Albion, Idaho next to the gravestone of Peter August Peterson, my great grandfather (my father's mother's father's father.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails