Friday, October 1, 2010

Snapshot #113: Interview


October 1, 2010.  Salt Lake City, Utah.  Today was nothing short of remarkable.  I interviewed on the 11th floor of the Church Office Building at Temple Square for the position as Interior Designer for Temples around the world.  I was extremely nervous, excited, emotional.  Looking back I think of all the things I should have done or said differently; I spoke too fast; I didn't listen as much as I should have; I forgot to mention my experience doing Punch Lists; on and on.  Overall however, I think the interview did go well.  I have an advantage because I am young, yet experienced, I speak Spanish, also because I do not have children I am able to travel for extended periods of time.  They are looking for a designer to assist them in traveling the world to inspect each temple every 3 years; among other things.  Can you imagine?!  I rejoice at the very thought of such a gift for a profession!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails