Friday, October 8, 2010

Snapshot #119: Searching for Home

October 8, 2010.  Orem, Utah.  For several years now, I have been searching for a place to call home.  New Jersey wasn't it because it was too far from family.  Utah has been a transitional landing place while Dave is in school.  (Which will change only if I get the design job with the Temple Department)  Our current apartment lacks sufficient room to unpack all the boxes.  Much to my own anxiety (as well as that of my sweet husband) I have put significant thought and soul into trying to decipher where we should settle, buy a house, and create our home.  These past few weeks I have had my heart set on Portland...only to find out today that Dave won't be getting an offer from Intel.  It was hard to erase the home in my head that I was already building for us.  Our thoughts are now back in San Jose...where homes cost 81% more than the national average...sigh.  

I fear, in my anxiety to find us the perfect home, I have failed to make our home as perfect as it could be now.  I've come to the realization that for me to be happy, Home has to be where we are, when we are, no matter what.             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails